Friday 1 April 2011

From Saint Gilles du Gard

ARLES - SAINT GILLES DU GARD (22 km)

This was a very different first day from that of the Chemin du Puy - very flat and on the bitumen all the way. It was certainly a path less trodden. Usually when a grande randonnee follows a road the walkers have trodden a track alongside, but not today. I passed passed one couple and saw no one else en chemin. At the hostel tonight we are four, and there may be a few more in chambres d'hotes or hotels. So there shouldn't be a problem with accommodation in the days ahead.

On leaving Arles, I passed an amusing bilingual sign. Under "Au revoir. A bientot" was "See you soon. Good-bye".

By the way, if you are reading this blog, you won't be overwhelmed with text. I'm tapping it out on my iPod Touch. I have to be very careful because it anticipates what I'm going to say and often gets it wrong. It had me down as having walked 22mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment