Monday 18 April 2011

Day 17. Toulouse to Leguevin (22.7 kms)

17 April, 2011

I began the day with breakfast at a bar on the Place de Capitole, across from the magnificent Capitolium. This must be one of the finest squares in France.

I was out of the suburbs by noon, and settled in at the gite by three o'clock.

On one occasion I found my way blocked by the Airbus Corporation which occupies a huge area west of Toulouse. Apart from that little detour, I escaped the suburbs without much trouble.

Since Toulouse, I have been following a mixture of European Commission camino markers (a yellow coquille Saint-Jacques on a blue background) and the GR balises. This is confusing at times.

I have fallen in with a couple of French fellows who are walking the Camino a a week at a time. Tonight at the gite, I ate with them: pizza, Belgian beer, pasta, ham, wine, eclairs et les religieuses. We talked about past experiences at places where we had all been. It was one of those delightful Camino moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment