Wednesday 14 May 2014

La Voie des Piemonts

I am walking again, on la Voie des Piemonts, from Montpellier to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, leaving on June 6.

As the name suggests, the route follows the foothills, so I can expect lots of ups and downs, a good reason for travelling as light as possible. It passes through a couple of well known towns, Carcassonne and Lourdes. I am looking forward to the former, if not the latter.

Sorry about the blurred map at the top of the web page. If I find a better one I will post it.

I am arriving in Paris on June 5, spending the night with my good friends Paul and Michelle in Lyon, taking an early train to Montpellier on the morning of the sixth, and then walking.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Another Camino for you and vicarious adventures for me. I think I subscribed myself because I do not know you, so I am probably not on Your List--but if I am, please do not delete my name. Your blog on the Arles/Aragones Caminos was very helpful last July when I walked with a friend from Toulouse to Puente La Reina. Thank you!
    Mary Lynn Muir
    Waterloo Ontario
    Canada
    emelle.aminus3.com

    ReplyDelete