Saturday 12 May 2012

Le Chemin de Vezelay


Despite my resolution at the end of my last post, I am going on another walk, this time from Vezelay, about 180 kms south-east of Paris, to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port in the Pyrenees. About 900 kms long, it is one of the four feeder routes leading to the Camino Frances in Spain. I am following the northern branch through Bourgues.

This route is a little longer than the Chemin d'Arles, but less hilly. I suspect that there will be more road walking. I begin walking around May 30. You can expect posts after that.

On the right is a map of the path. If you tap on it, it should come up large enough to read.

If all goes well, I plan to post une photo du jour. As a trial, I'm sending you a picture of the pastoral countryside I hope to walk through. You should be able to tap on it as well to make it larger. Or you may have to go to the website to do this.

Until the 30th.


No comments:

Post a Comment